Call us at: 920-445-7373 | 888-758-7373
Maintaining strong, healthy bones is essential as we grow older. Specifically, the hip bone enables mobility for the pelvis area and lower extremity.
Did you know?
- Hip-related pain is not confined to the hip area; you may also feel pain in your mid-thigh or groin area. Pain in your hips can even represent a back problem.
- Hip pain can be caused by arthritis (inflammation on one or more joints), osteonecrosis (lack of blood flow to the bone, causing bone loss), tendonitis (inflammation, irritation and swelling of a tendon), lower back pain and infection.
- Smoking accelerates bone loss by reducing the absorption of calcium in the body.Another bone acceleration culprit?
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, which slows bone formation and also reduces your body’s ability to absorb calcium.
- A bone density test (aka densitometry or DXA scan) can determine whether you have or are at risk for osteoporosis.